The warm glow of candles this Valentine’s Day should be sparking romance, not burning the drapes!
In the Charlotte area, we have many options for celebrating a memorable and romantic Valentine’s Day. Treat yourself to a wonderful restaurant or shop for your loved one at a cute downtown shop. Spending the time at home with a relaxing evening by the fire or in the ambiance of glowing candles is another great idea. Candlelight – there’s no better way to set a romantic stage than with the shimmering glow of candles. The burning flame on your candles should represent the flame in your heart this Valentine’s Day, not spark an unintended blaze. Don’t get caught up in the romance, and forget about safety in your home.
- Be sure candles are extinguished when you leave a room
- Never extinguish candles with water
- Keep clothing, blankets, pillows and other potentially flammable items away from lit candles
- Keep candles out of reach of children and – don’t forget – pet’s too!
- Use holders that are specifically designed to hold candles
- Burning candles should be at least 3 inches apart from one another and away from vents, ceiling fans and other sources of air currents
- Ensure that the room is well ventilated while burning candles
Take the above precautions, and enjoy a safe and romantic Valentine’s Day just the way you planned it, so that filing an insurance claim is not part of your future.